Celebrating East African Writing!
Naomi Kamau follows in Clifford Oluoch’s footsteps with her winning Contemporary Nairobi story If Who You Are is What You Have… Congratulations Naomi!
You have a chance to be the next week’s author of the Contemporary Nairobi Story of the Week.
Every author who wins the Story of the Week, will have the opportunity to have their work in expedited review at the Storymoja Editorial Review Table. To win that spot, please send in a story that fits into the categories below.
– Contemporary Nairobi setting
– Has two or more young professionals as main characters
– Can be either Crime/Detective Fiction, Romance or Life Crisis Fiction
– Must be complete enough to stand as a story by itself
– Has a running mystery; story must be short but the mystery should make it possible to develop the story into a novella (10000 words)
– Should not be more than 2000 words
In addition to the expedited review, the winning author will have a Writer Profile on our site, as well as stand a chance to win KES 500 and one of the Storymoja titles.
May the best writer win!