STORYMOJA PUBLISHERS would like to take YOU a giant step closer to being a WORLD-RENOWNED WRITER! Our friend, best selling travel writer Peter Moore would like an authentic Kenyan piece to put on his website and we would love to recommend you! See more Details>>>
I thought it might be nice to bring some inspiration from last year’s Storymoja Hay Festival Poetry Contest. Below are the three poems that won that contest.
And here’s your chance to do what you love – write – and win Season Passes (for all 3 days) to the festival, including entry to all workshops of the day.
1. Storymoja Short Story Writing Contest.
2. Storymoja Hay Festival Poetry Writing Contest
I sat down with a couple of old friends last night. We used to spend quite a bit of time together what seems like eons ago. Then we each had to go our ways, to college, to jobs out of town, to journeys that forced us to grow out of our video gaming, Bleach watching, TheOnion reading ways of post high school, pre college nerdy fun.
And see the blogs nominated this month!
And now the long wait is over and you have voted.
The winner of the Storymoja Urban Narratives [July] Writing Contest with 330 voter points is:
Allow me to introduce you to the August 2011 poetry exhibition:
1. Blue Sky, Green Grass by Mwikali K
2. Lord my Woman is Talking by Oluoch Madiang’
3. Old Flames by Pascal Mailu
4. Our Neighbour by Namunyu Molenje
5. Revolutionary by Kanjukia Kiyaa
6. Shattered Illusion by Michael Macharia
7. Terminological Inexactitude by Abel Beja Rumba
8. First Time by Tien Moses