Celebrating East African Writing!
The Storymoja Writers’ Blog is back! For guidelines on what, when and where to submit, please see our submission guidelines.
For October, please send in your short stories which should not be less than 1200 words; not more than 1600 words long. Send in your work in a word document attachment to email@example.com. Subject Title of your Submission Email Should Be October Short Story.
Deadline: October 21st 2014.
1. Always double edit your work before you send it to us.
2. Use 12 Point, Times New Roman Font, with 1.5 spacing to make it easier for the editors to review your work.
3. Always title your pieces, and make sure your story has author name, even if it is a pen name!
4. Language of your piece should be English. Occasional sheng, swahili and mother language allowed, with translations in brackets.
5. If you have a blog or personal website, please feel free to include hyperlinked blog name at the bottom.
6. If your work has previously been published, please indicate where and when.
7. If you would like us to add images, please send them to us with the article, and ensure that you have the rights to use it.