Celebrating East African Writing!
Position: Social Media Community Manager
Are you an avid reader of books, digital books and blogs? Do you believe that the success of our country depends on the literacy of our nation?
Are you active on Blog Platforms, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube? Are you photo savvy, tweet smart and video cool? Do you contribute to conversations on education, social justice, economic development, literature and Kenya on social media every day, all day? Would you like to get paid to do what you love?
We are seeking a highly a motivated individual with experience and fanatical passion for tweeting, blogging, micro-blogging and community participation leadership. This person must also take pride in customer service excellence and be capable of managing a team of social thinkers.
This position is a six month contract but the contract can be extended depending on the performance.
• Manage the various Social Media campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
o Prepare relevant content to reach different social media platforms.
o Manage and train a Social Media team
o Create and manage all published content (images, video and written) from the field staff.
o Monitor, listen and respond to users of various media platforms in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and buy-ins.
o Conduct online advocacy and open stream for promotion of the literacy campaign.
o Develop and expand company’s social community outreach efforts.
o Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pictures, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog) for the literacy campaign.
o Design, create and manage promotions and Social Media competitions campaigns.
o Compile report for management showing results (ROI).
• Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and analyzing Social Media metrics.
• Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
• Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the campaign. Report notable threats to appropriate supervisor.
• Analyze campaigns and translate qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
• Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
• Has a Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Communications, English, IT, or related.
• Excels at research, possesses excellent verbal and writing skills
• Has work experience or training in communication or social media skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
• Dedicated to blogging and use of Facebook and twitter
• Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media (really send the links)
• Understands social media platforms including YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, blogs, instagram etc…We’re looking for a social media addict who maintains a personal mix of participatory expertise from among these channels.
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work individually on a project or in a team environment
• Brings to the position outstanding organizational and people management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
• Ability to communicate results to management and in a fast paced environment
Interested in joining our team of passionate individuals working to drive generation change? Send your CV with a cover letter that convinces us that you are the one we need to drive our Social Media campaign to: email@example.com