Call Out for Writers and Editors – Storymoja / Start a Library
We want your stories. We need your stories. We need OUR stories. True stories, adventure stories, fantasy stories, life changing stories, traditional stories and more. Stories from the coast, from the lake, from the mountain, from the great rift, stories from the North. Stories in English and Kiswahili. And we need YOU to write them for a revolutionary campaign that will excite and engage the nation.
Who are you?
- A Writer or Editor who is passionate about reading and promoting the reading and writing culture in Kenya.
- A Writer or Editor who is active online on social media and based anywhere in Kenya.
- A Writer or Editor who is willing to dedicate at least two hours a day to generate 1,000 words a day for three months.
- A Writer or Editor available to attend an induction workshop on the 12th of September 2015 from 10am-1pm.
Then we want to hear from you. Please send us a cover note with:
- Your name and contact details.
- A short bio about yourself and your writing journey.
- What change you’d like to see in the reading and writing culture.
- Send us a short writing sample or a link to the same (max 500 words).
Write to: email@example.com Deadline is on Wednesday 9th of September, 2015 at 5:00pm.
What do we promise?
- Your work in this campaign will make a big impact in Kenya and beyond.
- We will cover your participation costs and offer a royalty.
- We will respond to your questions and insights with great respect as ‘none of us is as smart as all of us.’
Reading is cool. Kusoma ni Poa!